Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday - Scythe by Neal Shusterman






Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine,  that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating or books that are in our TBR pile.  This week’s “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is


Summary (by Goodreads)

In a world where disease has been eliminated, the only way to die is to be randomly killed (“gleaned”) by professional reapers (“scythes”). Citra and Rowan are teenagers who have been selected to be scythe’s apprentices, and—despite wanting nothing to do with the vocation—they must learn the art of killing and come to understand the necessity of what they do.

Only one of them will be chosen as a scythe’s apprentice. And when it becomes clear that the winning apprentice’s first task will be to glean the loser, Citra and Rowan are pitted against one another in a fight for their lives.

First of all - WOW to the artist who did this cover!!  I love it.  It reminds me of wartime propaganda.  The colors, the symmetry, the interesting illusion...love it.  How can you not be drawn to this cover and want to read the book?  I want to open the cover without even knowing the summary!!

- Christinabean

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I just saw something about this one yesterday and it sounds so good! I'm excited to read something new by Shusterman, and the concept is deeply intriguing. I am also LOVING that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAAAAS!

    To be honest, I haven't even really paid that much attention to the blurb for this book because NEAL SHUSTERMAN, man! I've only read one of his novels but that one book was enough for me to be obseeeeeessed. And this one seems super intriguing, even without knowing what it's about.


    Here is my Weekly Wishlist post, if you're interested in taking a gander. No pressure or worries if you're not, though! Either way, happy book-ing to you in the near future...and have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover really reminds me of Wolf by Wolf! I haven't read a novel by Shusterman, yet, but this one sounds really intriguing.

    ReplyDelete