Sunday, April 12, 2015

Shout Out to Indies - Awoken by Sarah Noffke




We here at The Paperback Princesses often receive emails from Indie authors requesting reviews and are blessed with free book copies. Often we are unable to get to so many titles before our mass market published books take over our TBR shelves. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of great reads though! We want to give back to those Indie authors and are declaring EVERY SECOND SUNDAY our SHOUT OUT TO INDIES MEME. For those of fellow bloggers, please feel free to add our meme to your regular schedule. We only ask that you quote and link back to us as a courtesy. For all of you Indie authors, we invite you to contact us at the contact link to your top left. We will select 1 - 3 titles (each time we post) that sound interesting.


This weeks selection is:

Displaying Awoken - Sarah Noffke.jpg

Around the world humans are hallucinating after sleepless nights. 
In a sterile, underground institute the forecasters keep reporting the same events.
And in the backwoods of Texas, a sixteen-year-old girl is about to be caught up in a fierce, ethereal battle.
Meet Roya Stark. She drowns every night in her dreams, spends her hours reading classic literature to avoid her family’s ridicule, and is prone to premonitions—which are becoming more frequent. And now her dreams are filled with strangers offering to reveal what she has always wanted to know: Who is she? That’s the question that haunts her, and she's about to find out. But will Roya live to regret learning the truth?

Bio

I'm the author of The Lucidites series which was released in November 2014. Although I've been everything from a corporate manager to a hippie, my heart has always belonged to the idea of being a YA author. While sitting in boring meetings I used to fantasize about the grand adventures the characters in my stories would have someday...when I had time to write them. Through the years, I tried to fit writing in on my lunch breaks and long weekends, but it was never enough. I finally made the decision in 2012 that I'd work every single night until I finished a novel. Six weeks later my first book, Awoken, was born.  

We asked Sarah why she likes to write YA:

To me, there is no better genre than YA. For young adults nothing is fixed. They don't know who they are completely, who they'll become, who'll they meet or who they'll marry. Everything is up for grabs. And they're resilient and adventuresome, which makes for interesting characters and lots of action. I actually teach writing to college freshman and I absolutely love their passion. I take a lot of inspiration from watching my students. I love that they have so much to learn and at the very same time, so much to offer. That's how I see my characters and it's why I love writing YA.

No comments:

Post a Comment