Tuesday, August 6, 2013

In Case You Missed It - Glass Houses by Rachel Caine


Published: Oct 2006
Publisher: NAL Jam
Pages: 239
Copy provided by: Won in a contest years ago
Summary: Goodreads

Summary:
From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.

Review:

My oh my do I wish I had started reading this series earlier....A few years back I won Volume 1 of the Morganville Vampires series.  It includes Glass Houses (book 1) and Dead Girls' Dance (book 2).  Of course, this was when the blog was first starting out and I was attending author signings and we were reading about vampires, zombies, fairies (oh my!).  It was just too hard to catch up to it all!  Since then I had (somehow) signed up for Rachel Caine's newsletter and just last month started to receive emails about her fund-raising efforts to create a Web Television series for the Morganville Vampires.   I watched her YouTube video  plea for money and it was convincing so I decided to be a "backer" on Kickstarter. Besides,  she had some really cool bonuses for those willing to help her out.  :)  Watch her video and tell me if you would have given her money. 


Anyhow, Rachel did manage to get the cash she needed to fund this project (insert polite applause and yahooing here).  Which was fantabulous!  But what now?  I thought I should really take a closer look at what I've invested my money into so I dove into Glass Houses.

It was such a quick read and I soon learned to love the characters in this series.  True, I wish that Claire would develop more of a backbone...especially with Monica.  And, I could not understand why Claire found it more important to attend class then to stay inside and stay alive...but the Morganville Vampire series is such a fun read.  If you enjoy other supernatural series such as Vampire Diaries, Supernatural and The Secret Circle, you will enjoy this one.  

Look for more news regarding the Morganville television series.  I will send updates as they become available.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment