Sunday, October 9, 2011

Same Book, Second Look - Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick


Published: Oct 2010 
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 427
Copy Provided By: Purchased
Summary:  Goodreads

Summary:
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

Review:
Why oh why have I waited so long to read this??  I LOVED Crescendo.  It has all of the elements I look for in a good book - hot bad boys, a great storyline, action, drama, romance and did I mention the hot bad boys...  :)

Becca did a great job of getting us involved with Nora and Patch's rocky relationship again.   As with all relationships, there are always rocky parts.   Nora did exactly what all irrational women do when they are jealous, confused and upset.  She totally pushed Patch away and did exactly the opposite of what she wanted.  It reminded me of when I was in high school and all I really wanted was a boyfriend who knew me so well that they wouldn't ever leave me, even if I tried to push them away.   Besides the rocky relationship, throw in a hot girl who has eyes for your man and you can just imagine how emotionally charged this book was.  Anyone else have a Marcie Millar in their lives?  Grrr....women like that make me so mad!

For support, Nora is able to lean on her BBF, Vee.  Vee is awesome.  Not only does she support her friend but she is always an accomplice to whatever crazy scheme she has going on.  When I was in university, I had a bestie who was just like this.  Do you have a Vee in your life?  

So on the action side, you'll find that Crescendo is packed with mystery and intrigue.  There are some new characters that are introduced and Ms. Fitzpatrick leads you on a wild chase to determine who is good, and who is evil....I really enjoyed Crescendo and can't wait to get my hands on Silence (just released Oct 4th!).  It was a thumbs up for me!

Curlypow did our original review of this title last year.  You can read it here.

1 comment:

  1. I read Hush, Hush, but never got to this one. You have made me think I should put it up on the list. Especially with the third book coming out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete