Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Musings by Knitwits - Simple Knitting by Erika Knight

Published:  May 2010
Publisher: Quadrille Publishing Ltd
Pages: 144
Copy Provided by: Library

Oddly enough, I could not find a summary for this book which is a shame because it is absolutely fantastic.  Erika Knight reminds me of Debbie Bliss in her ability to find classic, and simple ways to show the audience her craft without dating her books.  You'll find that this title has a contemporary feel with very easy and understandable instructions.  Being a very visual person myself, I find that I need to "see" what my product should look like (hence I need lots of pictures in craft and cookbooks).  For me, Ms. Knight nails it in the presentation of how to knit for beginners.  I would consider myself a beginner and can appreciate the section on how to read charts and understand patterns.  What may seem simple to those who are experienced is like reading a scientists' formula to some of us.  This title provides plenty of graduated projects and even includes Fair Isle items which always seemed daunting to me but not nearly as intimidating as other patterns I've seen.  I'm giving Simple Knitting by Erika Knight a two thumbs up and I will definitely be purchasing it to add to my own collection.

You can find other books by Erika Knight listed here on Goodreads.  I really like her style so I'll probably be checking out more of her work!

No comments:

Post a Comment