Sunday, April 26, 2015

Shout Out to Indies - My Soul Immortal Book One: Fated Eternals by Jen Printy





We here at The Paperback Princesses often receive emails from Indie authors requesting reviews and are blessed with free book copies. Often we are unable to get to so many titles before our mass market published books take over our TBR shelves. That doesn't mean there aren't plenty of great reads though! We want to give back to those Indie authors and are declaring EVERY SECOND SUNDAY our SHOUT OUT TO INDIES MEME. For those of fellow bloggers, please feel free to add our meme to your regular schedule. We only ask that you quote and link back to us as a courtesy. For all of you Indie authors, we invite you to contact us at the contact link to your top left. We will select 1 - 3 titles (each time we post) that sound interesting.

This week's selection is:



Jack’s immortality is exposed when he prevents a liquor store heist, forcing him to flee to protect his secret—a secret not even he understands. But when he meets Leah Winters—a mirror image of his decades-lost love, Lydia—his very soul is laid bare. He begins to question his sanity. Is she real, and if so, what does that mean for Jack and his secret?

Jack’s not the only mystery man in town. A stranger named Artagan hints at knowledge Jack is desperate to possess. But can he trust Artagan, or does the dark newcomer harbor deadly secrets of his own?

As Jack’s bond with Leah grows, so does the danger to her life. Jack must discover just how much he is willing to risk in order to save the woman he already lost once. 
An endless love, for an endless price.






Facebook
Goodreads
Amazon
Red Adept Publishing

We asked Jen why she likes to write:
 
Why I write...
     Like most authors, I’ve been writing stories since I was a child. I loved driving into my own imagination and see where it took me. I dreamt of someone being a published author. But as most of us as I grew I had 101 excuses that got in the way of chasing that dream.  “I don’t have time.” “You haven’t seen my schedule. Children. Job. School. Dirty dishes.” “My writing isn’t good enough.” “I don’t have a story to tell.” And the list rolls on. Besides, I had a job I loved. Life already felt like a juggling act, did I have the time to chase one old, forgot dream? What I realized was when I’m one hundred and three, rocking in a rocking chair, knitting a pair of socks, I’m not going to remember the dirty dishes, the unfolded laundry, or even the forgotten dust bunnies under the bed. I’m going to remember the big things—those forgotten adventures on my bucket lists waiting for me. The ones accomplished and the ones I never found time to chase.
     Luckily, I had a great teacher. Besides teaching me how to enjoy the little things along with the big, my dad showed me you’re never to old to chase your dreams. His dream was to travel the world, not to just see it, but to help where he was needed. You see, he always had a heart for people. Years past and because of finances and obligations, my father had to put his dream on hold. It wasn't until he was older when his dreams were realized. Many told him it was a dream for a younger man, but my dad didn’t let his 70+ years stop him. He followed his heart, traveling to Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, and as far as Cambodia. He knew he’d regret it others wise. “Life is short,” he said.
     So at 41 years old, I walked into the living room, looked at my husband, and said, “I’ve decided I’m going to write a book.” And so the adventure began. Like most journeys worth taking, there have been peaks and valleys, and moment where I doubted myself and this path. But I’m glad I decided to take the bull by the horns and emulate my father. Chasing down my forgotten childhood dream has been one of my best decisions to date.

Author Bio: (I've attached my author photo also)
Since childhood, Jen Printy has been writing. Whether working on stories about a fantasy world or everyday life in Maine, Jen loved losing herself in the worlds she created on paper. The arts in all forms have always been an important part of Jen’s life, a love instilled in her by her father. When Jen isn’t writing, she’s sculpting as a freelance doll artist.

Jen lives with her husband, two daughters, and diva dog Cookie in southern Maine, where she loves spending time friends and family, finding treasures along the seashore, or enjoying a Guinness at her favorite local pub.

Social Media Links:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the spotlight, ladies. I really appreciate it.
    Jen :)

    ReplyDelete