Saturday, August 16, 2014

Forget Me by K. A. Harrington


Published: August 7th, 2014
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Pages: 288
Copy: Publisher via Edelweiss
Summary: Goodreads

An edge-of-your seat psychological thriller with a romantic twist

On the three-month anniversary of her boyfriend Flynn’s death, Morgan uploads her only photo of him to FriendShare to get some closure—but she’s shocked when the facial recognition software suggests she tag him as "Evan Murphy." She’s never heard of Evan, but a quick search tells her that he lives in a nearby town and looks exactly like Flynn. Only this boy is very much alive.

Digging through layers of secrets and lies, Morgan is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her boyfriend, her town, and even her parents' involvement in this massive web of lies.


I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again, but I love it when a book surprises me.  When I started 'Forget Me', I had no recollection of the blurb I'd read when I requested an ARC of the book and I had no cover pic on my arc - so no hints, I was going in blind.  What I got was a tight, engrossing thriller with great characters and and a beautifully executed denouement that took me completely by surprise.

Best friends Morgan and Toni are completely realistic and their snippy banter was never over-the-top.  Evan was at time a little difficult to puzzle out - his reactions not quite following the expected.  Which of course adds to his air of mystery, but all is very satisfactorily explained.  Reece's character makeover was so sweet, it was just lovely - not overdone or unbelievable.  His lapses back to annoying jock are very funny.  We all know someone like him.

There are layers and layers of mystery withing the story that add more and more suspense for the reader and muddy the water beautifully.  I'll be honest, my brain was edging towards cloning or some such thing - but I was sooooo wrong.  At one point I even thought we'd need a 2nd book to sort it all out, but no.  Thank Goodness! Everything wraps up nicely and all the clues click into place, giving a very satisfying conclusion. An absolute must read for thriller/mystery fans.  

1 comment:

  1. The book sounds awesome, I just put a hold on it at my library. I can't wait to read it and unravel the mystery.

    Kym @ Newbie Librarian

    ReplyDelete