Saturday, March 29, 2014

Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano


 
Published: March 25th, 2014
Publisher: Kathy Dawson Books
Pages: 388
Copy: Edelweis
Summary: Goodreads

Nearly Boswell knows how to keep secrets. Living in a DC trailer park, she knows better than to share anything that would make her a target with her classmates. Like her mother's job as an exotic dancer, her obsession with the personal ads, and especially the emotions she can taste when she brushes against someone's skin. But when a serial killer goes on a killing spree and starts attacking students, leaving cryptic ads in the newspaper that only Nearly can decipher, she confides in the one person she shouldn't trust: the new guy at school—a reformed bad boy working undercover for the police, doing surveillance. . . on her.

Nearly might be the one person who can put all the clues together, and if she doesn't figure it all out soon—she'll be next.


I'm away for the weekend right now and have very limited internet and computer access, so this will be a very quick review. 

What can I tell you about 'Nearly Gone'? Basically, it blew me away.  I started with no expectations at all - I hadn't heard anything about it, good or bad, but the blurb sounded intriguing so I thought I'd give it a go.  Turns out, it was a really, really good decision, and I was most definitely not disappointed.  One of the things I really enjoyed was the mystery.  It required thought on the characters part.  Nearly had to investigate and rarely leapt to conclusions.  I have to admit to having been completely in the dark as to who the killer was.  I did actually guess towards the beginning and then dismissed that thought completely - I decided my decision was based solely on the fact that I didn't like the character, rather than any actual evidence. 

This was a story that should appeal to any fans of good mystery or romantic suspense.  Full of tension, mystery and romance, 'Nearly Gone' was a wonderful story that captured me from the get-go.

Got to get back to my stitching - have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment