Monday, June 17, 2013

Stacking the Shelves


Stacking the Shelves allows us to share the books we have added to our collections - physical, virtual, borrowed, bought or received. 



Looks like the theme for this week (for me) is girls who go missing or end up dead.  Most of us have heard of Gone Girl so I won't bother with the summary.  It is an adult title but Dangerous Girls is an ARC sent to me by my lovely contacts at Simon and Schuster.  Thank you!

Dangerous Girls (Summary by Goodesds)

Paradise quickly gets gruesome in this thrilling page-turner with a plot that’s ripped from the headlines and a twist that defies the imagination.

It’s Spring Break of senior year. Anna, her boyfriend Tate, her best friend Elise, and a few other close friends are off to a debaucherous trip to Aruba that promises to be the time of their lives.

But when Elise is found brutally murdered, Anna finds herself trapped in a country not her own, fighting against vile and contemptuous accusations. As Anna sets out to find her friend’s killer, she discovers harsh revelations about her friendships, the slippery nature of truth, and the ache of young love.

Awaiting the judge’s decree, it becomes clear to Anna that everyone around her thinks she is not only guilty, but also dangerous. And when the whole story comes out, reality is more shocking than anyone ever imagined...

Sigh, I love thrillers...can't wait to sink my teeth into this one.  Maybe I'll wait for a dark and stormy night...

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't read too many thrillers. I haven't really read any since reading so many R.L. Stine books when I was younger. Hope you enjoy.

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2013/06/stacking-shelves-18.html

    ReplyDelete