Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Musings by Knitwits



 
Published: September 2012
Publisher: Lark Crafts
Copy: Library
Pages: 128
Summary: Goodreads


Sometimes the simplest accessories are the most stylish. That's true of the 30 delightful items in Crochet Boutique. Crocheters will love this fashion-forward collection, with such projects as hats, scarves, shawls, trendy bags, a laptop cover, a granny-square pillow, and a lovely shell afghan. With a short basics section, irresistible photography, and an informative stitch guide, Crochet Boutique is simply indispensable!

This book came across the counter at work a few weeks ago, and while I generally prefer knitting to crochet I was intrigued and took it home for a look.  I am so glad I did.  It is full of these super easy scarves, cowls, hats and bags that are crocheted with huge hooks and thick yarn.  Cowls are very much in style right now and this book is right there with several to choose from.  I'm serious when I say they are simple, and I'm sure several of them could be done in just a few hours.  The basic crochet instructions are at the back and this is very definitely a beginners book.

So, even though we are now all looking forward to a lovely warm summer, take a look at this beautiful book and think about getting a head start on next years cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment