Thursday, November 17, 2011

Movie - Immortals


This weekend my hubby was visiting so we had a chance to see a movie.  Before we had kids, we used to see movies almost every weekend.  I hate to say it but the last time I was in a theatre was this past summer.  So we had a babysitter on Saturday and jumped to see Immortals in 3D.  I had not heard much about this movie but I was in need of an action packed drama and this was it.  I think the trailer convinced me.  Yes, not only am I a book snob but I can be truly swayed to purchase, watch or participate in an event if the trailer is interesting (pathetic, right?).  

If you are looking to be entertained and wowed by action, here's the movie for you.  The producers of 300 gave us yet another cinematic beauty.  I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  Frieda Pinto was the actress who surprised me most.  Who would have thought that she could be such a temptress??  She was incredibly sexy and did a great job as the Oracle.  I'm not sure that I'd have her and her sisters over for a Ouija board sleepover party though...TMI.

Be forewarned, there is a lot of brutality in this film and although it is not necessarily all violent in nature (just most of it), the things mortals do to one another is incredibly inhumane.  King Hyperion was played by Mickey Rourke and as much as I hate to typecast, I have to say that he sure makes a great villain.  He's a pretty slimy character, manipulative, devious and with no sense of morality.  Mr. Rourke had me believing he truly was King Hyperion.  Plus, I enjoyed the storyline and how the story evolved around Theseus and the Greek gods.  I'd actually like to take another look at some of the myths revolving the Titans and Zeus.  

Anyone going to catch a midnight showing of Breaking Dawn this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment